Adding wood to your home decoration is a great way to add warmth and character. Wood has always been a premium material for building houses or for furnishing. It is aesthetic as well as serves great in terms of performance.
However, building a wooden house in the present time will be impractical and also costly. Good looking flooring like Grey Wood Flooring enhances the overall view of the space. So, flooring is a common way of adding a wooden aesthetic to your home.
What Are The Types Of Wood Flooring?
Nowadays, there is a wide range of options from where you can choose the specifications for your wood flooring. Some of those are:
- Solid Hardwood Flooring Laminate Flooring
- Composite Flooring
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
What Is The Difference Between Solid Hardwood And Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
These two types of hardwood flooring are very popular among homeowners. There are some primary differences between these two flooring materials. Solid hardwood flooring (ไม้ จริง, which is the term in Thai) is made of one solid piece of wood. It has a continuous grain and is usually thick. It uses solid wood species like oak, maple, or walnut. It is also suitable for sanding and refinishing which is its major advantage.
Whereas, engineered hardwood flooring uses different layers of wood. Though it looks similar on the surface, it is relatively thin and made of a combination of hardwood and plywood. This type of flooring cannot be refinished or sanded more than once. Engineered hardwood is also cheaper than solid hardwood.
What Are The Advantages Of Wood Flooring?
Upgrading your home with wood flooring is a great idea as it has a lot of advantages. For instance,
- Long-Lasting: Wood flooring has a longer lifespan compared to carpeted or linoleum flooring.
- Cost-Effective: Though the initial cost is on the pricier side, it is a great investment. You do not have to worry for another thirty years.
- Durable: Engineered hardwood flooring (พื้น ไม้ เอ็น จิ เนีย ร์, term in Thai) is durable and strong. It also prevents premature wear and tears. With proper care, wooden floors are hard to get a dent or scratch.
- Low Maintenance: This type of flooring is easy to maintain and clean. Unlike carpets, wooden floors are not home to dust mites or other insects. These floors are also stain-resistant.
- Adds Value: A wooden floor can bring you more profits when you sell your home and attracts buyers faster.